These cupcakes are delicious just plain, but they’re even better when you frost them with icing or whipped cream. Or buy a container of Betty Crocker or Pillsbury gluten-free icing and save yourself some time. (Always read the label before buying though, just to be sure it is gluten free.) Add a few drops of food coloring to fit the theme of the party. Makes 1 Dozen.
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the butter with the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Scoop batter evenly into paper-lined cupcake tin.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Inserted toothpick should come up clear.
- Cool completely before frosting them.
Mmm… Mmm… Enjoy!