This corn bread is great in the mornings with bacon and eggs.
I also serve it for dinner to accompany barbecue chicken, chili or stew.
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill xanthan gum
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Stir together the first three ingredients.
- Add in all dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, mixing well.
- Prepare a 9 X 9 square baking pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- Scoop batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375. Should be a nice golden brown on top. Inserted toothpick should come up clear.
- Cool. Then gently slide a knife down and around the pan to loosen it up and cut into 16 squares.
Mmm… Mmm… Enjoy!